Below are the main terms we ask our editors to agree to when working on assignments:
1. Confidential Information refers to all information provided to the Editor prior to, or during the course of, carrying out Editorial Services for Charlesworth Author Services. Such Confidential Information may include, but not be limited to:
• All forms of proprietary documents, including academic documents, tables, figures, supplementary data, personal information, grant or other applications, patent information, personal communications, and other data provided by third parties for the provision of Editorial Services.
• Data pertaining to the commercial activities of Charlesworth Author Services and its contractors, such as client data, business or marketing plans, pricing, service provisions, ideas and strategic information related to the carrying out or development of its commercial activities
2. All information provided to the Editor by Charlesworth Author Services shall be deemed to be Confidential Information, regardless of the method of communication. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall include provision in writing, electronic format, visual format, or by word of mouth.
3. All Confidential Information shall remain the property of Charlesworth Author Services and its clients. No conveyance of any rights or licence should be implied by disclosure of such Confidential Information to the Editor.
4. The Editor agrees:
• Not to publish, transfer or disclose to others any Confidential Information without the written permission of Charlesworth Author Services.
• Not to use any Confidential Information for any purpose other than that which is necessary to carry out the Editorial Services provided by Charlesworth Author Services.
• In the event of termination of this LOA, to return to Charlesworth Author Services any parts of the Confidential Information as are requested by Charlesworth Author Services, or destroy such Confidential Information if requested to do so.
5. The Editor agrees that the provisions of such terms are reasonably required in order to protect the business and intellectual activities of Charlesworth Author Services and its clients, and that breach of these would bring about irreparable injury to Charlesworth Author Services and/or its clients.
6. The Editor agrees that the obligations pertaining to Confidential Information shall survive any termination the contractual agreements that they sign with Charlesworth Author Services and shall remain fully enforceable.